Velux Skylights are by far the top rated skylight brand on the market!
Where there is light, there is life. Natural light is fundamental to the quality of our lives and living environment. More than any other element, light, with its many moods and variations, can help us make a house a home. Not only does natural light create an atmosphere, it can actually alter the way we feel about livin space in a positive way and there is no Skylight Manufacturer that better understands this than VELUX.
Today, The VELUX Group is the world leader in skylights and roof windows and is one of the strongest brands in the global building materials sector. Based in Denmark, VELUX has manufacturing companies in ten countries and sales companies in just under 40 countries. They created VELUX USA in order to give North America the Skylight products that best fit their needs. Velux Skylights are considered to be the best skylights available on the market today. There are many reasons the Velux Skylights are gaining more and more of a stake within the industry. Velux offers two main types of skylights. The VELUX Deck Mounted No Leak Skylight and the VELUX Curb Mounted Skylight. Both options are very well made and exceed all federal energy standards accordding to the IBC, IRC and IECC. All Velux Skylights are also ENERGY STAR qualified in every region of the country.
VELUX Residential Skylights
Velux Fixed Skylights – Non-operable skylights
- Fixed Deck Mounted Skylights – Designed for deck-mounted installations, The No Leak skylight, model FS is perfect for opening up areas such as hallways, stairwells and other dark closed-in spaces. It also provides an economical way to create a spacious home that’s filled with natural light.
- Fixed Curb Mounted Skylights – The model FCM curb mounted fixed skylight is sized to work with all types of site-built curbs. Constructed of an insulated glass lens and combined with a durable metal frame that mounts directly to a site-built curb. You have to use curb mounted skylights for flat roofs and roofs that are very steep.
Velux Manual Venting Skylights – Operable using a telescopic rod
- Manual Venting Deck Mounted Skylights – The No Leak Skylight, model VS manual-venting skylight lets any home enjoy the best of what nature has to offer. Because of what’s known as the chimney effect, it also reduces the need for air conditioning and improves indoor air quality when open by removing moisture, odors and other indoor pollutants.
- Manual Venting Curb Mounted Skylight - The model VCM rests in a raised frame that’s built above flat roofs (or on a slope of up to 60º). The VCM manual venting skylight allows abundant natural light to flow into the room, while blocking heat.
Velux Electric Venting Skylights – Open and Close skylights using a remote.
- Electric Venting Deck Mounted Skylights - The No Leak skylight, model VSE electric venting skylight is the perfect daylighting solution thanks to a pre-installed concealed motor and control system, you’ll enjoy the one-touch convenience of a remote control or mounted keypad.
- Electric Venting Curb Mounted Skylight - The model VCE electric-venting skylight is the perfect daylighting solution for your home. You’ll enjoy the one-touch convenience of a remote control or mounted keypad to open and close the skylights. The rain sensor closes the VSE skylight automatically, in case of inclement weather.
Velux Skylights Top Rated For A Reason:
Homeowners are sometimes reluctant to cut a certain type of hole in a perfectly good roof. They don’t question cutting dozens of holes in the walls for windows and doors. They don’t question holes in the roof for chimneys, ventilation fans or plumbing vent pipes. But for a skylight? Why work with us for your skylight project? The problem in the past has always been a fear of leaks, and with some justification due to inferior materials and less than dependable installations. But that should no longer be a valid concern. According to Joe Patrick, who heads national product management for skylight manufacturer VELUX America, modern skylights should make the fear of leaks a thing of the past. “Today’s quality units offer matched, pre-engineered flashing kits for shingles, tile or metal roofing materials,” he says. “They are designed and engineered to prevent leaks over the full life of a roof and, properly installed, simply don’t leak.” In fact, Patrick’s company has introduced a new ENERGY STAR qualified product line, marketing it as the No Leak Skylight. “These units offer many new energy saving features plus three layers of water protection and are fully warranted,” he says. “They also carry an industry-first ten-year installation warranty in addition to product coverage.” But more important are the health benefits! Bringing more natural light into our daily lives may be more important for our health than many people realize. Seasonal Affective Disorder is known to be related to how much sunlight we receive. Individuals with SAD may experience emotional depression, a drop in physical energy, increased appetite, and increased need for sleep. According to WebMD Medical News, our mood is influenced by a complex web of relationships between sunlight, melatonin (the sleep hormone), and serotonin (the hormone associated with wakefulness and elevated mood). As darkness falls, our melatonin levels naturally increase. And as the morning light emerges, melatonin levels decrease. Serotonin levels increase when we are exposed to bright light — a major reason why moods tend to be more elevated during the summer. It is known that bright-light therapy can bring benefits to people with SAD because light affects the melatonin-serotonin system and elevates mood. In fact, some researchers conclude that light therapy may help to alleviate SAD symptoms faster than antidepressant drugs. In a review of clinical trials of light therapy, Dr. Daniel Kripke at the University of California, San Diego reported that light therapy benefits not only SAD patients but also people suffering from other forms of depression. At MayoClinic.com, suggested treatments for SAD include spending more time outdoors or sitting closer to bright windows while at home or in the office.
Are you looking for a Velux Replacement Skylight?
- LoE3-366 glass reduces window heat gain by 64% compared to ordinary glass, and 35% compared to LoE3.
- Option for Low Profile or Pitched
- Condensation protection
- Pre-finished white frames and sashes
- Fixed, Manual Venting or Electric Venting skylights!
- Velux Skylight Solar Tube and Sun Tunnel Services in Los Angeles
- Energy performance glazing with twelve layer patented coating
This is a VELUX Curb Mounted Skylight.
You see the raised wood that the skylight is going to sit over. The Curb is like a shoebox and the skylight is like the top of the shoebox. The Velux Curb Mounted Skylights is a great way to insure your skylight will not leak, but it does sit up off your roof being more visible. You have to use a curb if you have a flat roof, otherwise it is based on a case by case basics. The curb mounted skylight has an insulated glass lens, combined with a durable metal frame which mounts directly to the sit-built curb. Engineered flashings for the skylight are available for use with most standard site-built curbs to integrate with roofing material for a water tight seal.
- Maintenance free exterior and interior
- Integrated gasket provides a thermal break for energy efficiency and seals out water, wind and hassle!
- Wide range of sizes and accessories
- Option for Fixed, Manual Venting or Electric Venting Curb Mounted Skylights
- Significantly reduce energy costs
Have you considered Installing a VELUX Sun Tunnel Skylight? Get more information on Sun Tunnels Here.